Thursday, March 29, 2012

New Dorms being used by God

Earlier this year a mission team lead by Melvin Construction built some dorms in Nicaragua. God has began using these dorms to help transform lives in both Nicaragua and the Florida Panhandle. Here is an email by Mr. Melvin talking about how God is working in the lives of a mission team that is currently staying in those dorms.

         Just wanted to say thank you for your work in February.  Your work made possible the student spring break team that is in Nicaragua now.   They are a group of 19 and the guys are staying in the new upstairs dorm rooms!
          I didn’t think about your work in the context of “building a foundation for future generations” until I began writing this email.  The team is being led by Dan Yoder’s son, Kevin, and my son, Tommy. Dan gets the double blessing of not only having a son on the team, but two grandchildren!  I do have a wife and two daughters on the trip as well.
          Let me ask you to pray for this team.  Tonight is their last night. The team has had a great trip, life transforming, fulfilling and exhausting week.  I think Oscar has worked them hard.  My wife told me last night she has seen the same transformation in the team during the week as our group had experienced.  Tonight they will have a final meeting together to reflect on their week.
          Again, thank you guys for your investment in Nicaragua and your investment in hundreds of others from the US that will sleep in those dorms and their lives will be transformed.